- My lucky number and also my favorite number, is 5. I was born on the 5th of April, same as my best friend in the entire world, and ever since I met her I truly believe in the power of 5.
- I hate chocolate… and air conditioning. And no, I swear I’m not an alien. Although genetic deformation isn’t entirely off the table, yet. Seriously though, I can’t stand either of them. I think chocolate tastes disgusting.* And most of the time air conditioning just makes me sick. I LOVE warm climates BECAUSE I love wearing shorts and tank tops. I don’t want to have to dress for the weather outside and then bring a sweater with me just in case I want to walk into literally any building. Malls, movie theaters, restaurants… they’re all freezing cold! Like why?!? I just do not understand society’s obsession with freezing cold indoor temperatures.
- When I was a kid the only video game that I was good at, and thus the only video game that I liked, was Pokemon. I would bring my Gameboy with me everywhere… and I mean EVERYWHERE (even the bathroom). To this day I don’t know if I loved it because I was good at it (I SUCK at literally every other videogame I’ve ever played) or if I was good at it because I loved it. I guess it’s like the question how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop… the world will never know.
- I’m constantly trying to become vegetarian, but then I crave a burger, or a perfectly cooked filet mignon and it all just goes to shit. This is why I MOSTLY order vegetarian meals when I go out, but I’ll also chow down on a bacon burger with extra bacon when the mood strikes.
- During my undergraduate studies at the University of California, Riverside I created and taught a class about the anti-establishment subtext of the 7th Harry Potter novel. I worked with the head of the Creative Writing department at the time, Dr. John Briggs, who taught me how to facilitate discussions among students. And the students who took my class (of the 100+ who were interested I could only accept 12) all received 1 unit of college credit upon successful completion of the course. To date this is my proudest achievement.
*I do actually like white chocolate, but since that isn’t really chocolate I don’t think it counts. If you want to be my best friend all you have to do is buy me a Hershey’s Cookies n’ Cream bar